Situated along South Carolina’s coast, the Lowcountry is a captivating blend of serene landscapes, rich history, and inviting communities. Centered around Hilton Head, Beaufort, and Bluffton, this coastal haven offers the perfect blend of relaxation and Southern charm. St. Helena’s Island, Hardeeville, Port Royal, Palmetto Bluff, and Pritchardville highlight the area’s unique landscape with their marshes and waterways. The Lowcountry perfectly embodies the essence of Southern hospitality and coastal allure.
Harbour Town Lighthouse:
- An iconic red-and-white striped lighthouse symbolizing Hilton Head’s coastal character, located in Sea Pines Resort.
Historic Downtown Beaufort:
- Showcasing classic southern architecture, Beaufort’s historic district narrates a captivating past.
Old Sheldon Church Ruins:
- Located in Yemassee, the hauntingly beautiful ruins of the Old Sheldon Church are an enduring symbol of the region’s history. The shell of this historic church, which dates back to the mid-18th century, stands as a testament to time.
- The scenic May River is a central feature of Bluffton, where residents and tourists can take in waterfront views while boating and kayaking.
Bluffton Old Town:
- Bluffton’s Old Town district is a hub of historic architecture, unique shops, art galleries, and restaurants. The tree-lined streets and picturesque charm make it a beloved local landmark.
- An upscale community known for elegant architecture, tranquil landscapes, and waterfront vistas.